Looking for a chocolatey treat without the dairy? These vegan brownies are just the thing!
Whether you’re vegan, someone with a dairy or egg allergy, or just missing a few of the regular ingredients from the fridge, these chocolate brownies are a deliciously decadent treat!
What you will need
- 250g plain flour
- 350g brown sugar
- 65g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 250ml water
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 100g Sweet William or other brand dairy-free chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended.
- If you’ve opted for extra-chocolatey brownies, cut the chocolate into chunks and stir into the mix. Spread evenly in a brownie (23x33cm) baking tin.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, depending on how gooey you like your brownies. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Enjoy!