There are only a few simple rules you need to follow:
1. Entries must include these three words: bones, echo and dust.
2. Entries must not exceed 600 words.
3. Entries must be sent to email@example.com for consideration.
The winner will receive a voucher from The Co-op and will be featured in Yak Magazine!
Competition closes on June 27th, so it’s time to get creative and give us everything you’ve got!
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions to participate in Yak Media’s Creative Writing Competition
- The promoter is Yak Media, part of UON Student Central, University Drive, Callaghan, NSW 2308
- The competition entrant is the person to have authored the story
- The competition commences at 9am, Monday 6 April, 2015 and concludes at Midnight, Saturday 27 June, 2015
- Entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be eligible. Yak Media reserves the right to accept, reject or refuse an entry at any time. Yak Media does not accept responsibility for late or misdirected entries
- Yak Media may vary the terms and conditions of this competition at any time at its absolute discretion
- Entrants may upload one (1) story only, with multiple entries by the same author not accepted
- Stories must be unpublished previously in any other publication, or online
- Stories will be judged on the following criteria: (a) originality of content; (b) use of three feature words; (c) overall quality of the writing
- The winner will receive prize notification via email and/or phone call if provided
- The competition is for 1 major prize – a $100 Co-Op Bookshop Voucher, with the winning entry to be published in the August edition of Yak Magazine
- Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash
- Employees of Yak Media and UON Student Central will be unable to claim the prize