Ten reminders you’re a uni student
Jackelyn Bassett takes you through the ten moments when you are undeniably a uni student.
- Strategically choosing the most filling dessert and drink to go with your $7.50 Bakehouse deal to save you from being hungry in an hour and splurging on snacks. (It’s the muffin and Oak milk guys, I’ve already done my research.)
- When the smell of a free BBQ coming from the Auchmuty courtyard is almost as exciting as the words ‘assignment extension’.
- Stalking someone to their car to snatch their coveted car park (this may or may not involve rolling down your window and creating a verbal contract for their park).
- Saving every document 270 times because you know how real the pain is when you lose an almost-finished assignment two hours before deadline.
- Being able to recite the URL of every online voucher website and being more than comfortable making the Maccas employee wait for you to find your free small chips voucher.
- Being able to instantly snap out of a mid-lecture mental hibernation when the words ‘surprise test’ or ‘group assignment’ are mentioned.
- Acknowledging that adding vegetables to your diet means adding the dehydrated vegie sachet to your 2-minute noodles.
- Being thankful to the parents of the Endnote creators for giving birth to such time-saving superheroes.
- Having an unwritten housemate code that the period of time between 11pm and midnight on the night when an assignment is due is a time to switch from speakers to headphones and avoid large downloads on the Wi-Fi.
- Realising a new appreciation for 24hr Kmart and other understanding establishments that have provided printer ink and study snacks at 3am.