All Your Spooky Season Tips and Tricks
With spooky season in full scare and Halloween just around the corner, are you in need of some Halloween inspiration? Then don’t miss Laura Rumbel’s top Halloween recommendations.
TOP 5 HALLOWEEN MOVIES
- The 2018 ‘Halloween‘ film will leave you sleeping with your lights on. The film which is a sequel to the original 2007 ‘Halloween’ film, sees Laurie Strode come face-to-face with Michael Myers after a narrow escape over four decades earlier. Don’t miss this thriller on Prime Video now!
- An all-time favourite, ‘The Exorcist.’ The 1973 American supernatural horror film that scared the world from messing with Ouija boards. You can start your Halloween bingeing early by watching The Exorcist on Netflix.
- Another all-time favourite horror film is, ‘Scream.’ The movie is best known for the serial killer who wears a white ghost face mask that calls his victims on the phone before stabbing them to death.
- The 2020 thriller ‘The Invisible Man‘ available on Netflix is a film that is full of plot twists and suspense. The fear of being watched by someone we can’t see is brought to reality in this sci-fi thriller, starring Elisabeth Moss and Oliver Jackson-Cohen.
- If witches and spells are more your Halloween style, throw it back to 1993 with Disney’s ‘Hocus Pocus.’
COSTUMES YOU SHOULD BE WEARING THIS HALLOWEEN
- For the groups – fairies, powerpuff girls (or guys), super Mario bros, or ghostbusters are all costumes tailed to trios this Halloween.
- For the couples – Daphne and Fred, The Joker and Harley Quinn, Ken and Barbie, Austin Powers and Fembot, Georgie and Pennywise from ‘IT’, Harry and Ginny from Harry Potter are all costumes tailored for couples which will have you and your boo winning Halloween this year!
- The OG’s – witch, devil, mummy, angel, zombie and a ghost. You can’t go wrong with these simple, yet spooky costume ideas. These costumes are the perfect excuse to go all out on the SFX makeup, stitched smile anybody?
- Politicians – Why not dress up as your least favourite politician. I hear there might be a few Dan Andrews costumes getting about this year.
DIY DECORATIONS YOU CAN DO THIS HALLOWEEN
- Get creative with candy because honestly what is Halloween good for without candy? Why not attempt to make a wreath out of candy.
- Make fake spider webs out of cotton balls and a can of aerosol hairspray (note: the larger the cotton balls, the easier). You may as well add some fake spiders also.
- Mummify the outside of your house with good old-fashioned toilet paper as I’m sure y’all have plenty of TP leftover from lockdown.
- Wine bottle candlesticks, a must-do for any dinner event this Halloween. Paint wine bottles with matte-black spray paint. Once dry, insert an orange taper candle in each opening.
- Add some spooky fog to your decorations this Halloween with a bubbling cauldron. Simply add in dry ice and a little bit of water to a cast iron round casserole dish from BIG W.
Happy Trick or Treating!
Feature Image by Александар Цветановић on Pexels